Pages

Monday 10 November 2008

A TREASURE HUNT - THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL

Some months ago, I prepared a treasure hunt called The Other Boleyn Girl. It is thought to work with 2nd cycle of ESO. I read with my students of 3rd ESO Henry VIII and HIs Six Wives. To introduce the story, we had previously watched The Other Boleyn Girl, about the life of Anne Boleyn and her sister Mary, lover from the king before her sister. It is a good warm-up to explain a bit of culture and history, and work the topics we can work later in the book in a pleasant way. I have structured the treasure hunt in the following way: First, I have asked about the sisters; secondly, asking about the king's wives and their heirs and finally, they have to look for information about the life in King Henry VIII's reign. This is the big question: to imagine themselves living there just for one day.

No comments: